Search This Blog

Friday, January 1, 2010

Welcome to 2010!

It is so hard to believe that a decade has now gone by since New Year's 2000. What changes we have seen! But there is little use in looking back, our future is ours to make! I'm so ready to leave all the high-calorie, junk food. My body will probably be in shock for a little while without all the sugar.
I weighed more this morning than I expected, but I can only go from here. My weight is 138 this AM, which is up 1.5 lbs. from Wednesday. It could be fluid. I am only 4'11', with an extra-small frame, so 138 is the biggest I have ever been except for postpartum. My little body wasn't meant to carry this much weight. I'm pretty sure that I am prediabetic, too.
I ate 2 scrambled eggs, a piece of turkey sausage (thanks to Steve for the idea), and tomato slices, and coffee with flavored splenda and a splash of skim milk. Coffee won't be the same for me without my flavored creamers, but I have a much bigger prize awaiting...a fit, lean, healthy body. It will be worth it to feel so much better. I will post again tonight to report how the day goes.

2 comments:

  1. The good news is the shock doesn't last long. You just have to push through it.

    It is worth it, I assure you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, your body may complain, but it will be so happy soon! Here's to the next 2 weeks of phase 1!

    ReplyDelete