Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Making it through the first week

I'm back for a brief post after working 12 hours shifts the past 2 nights. I don't do much when I work those. I have to go in for an 8 hour tonight.
Night before last was hard. It was my first night at work since starting the SB diet, and I wasn't coping too well with the lack of snacks I have found on this diet so far. I found out, however, that cottage cheese by itself isn't good nor with celery. :( Cottage cheese isn't good with lemon pepper. Peanut butter and celery is ok. I do ok when I'm home, but to be trapped at work without adequate food is scary! I made a big pot of chili which is good for Phase 1 and much welcomed. I made some awesome homemade red wine vinegar salad dressing yesterday. I am freaking out with eating full fat dressings and mayo, since I have always eaten lite, but they have sugar.
Sunday night, when I was feeling the lack of sugar for the 1st time, I thought that I might get through the 1st week, then add fruit in once or twice a day for snacks for the next week, then gradually add in the other high-fiber carbs, like brown rice and whole wheat foods. I don't like to cheat, so I will see how I am doing when Friday comes. If I ever feel like I can start cheating, it is all over for me. I am best when I have firm boundaries.
I must admit that my mental status and focus on my goal is very good. I am getting more dedicated to healthy lifestyle and eating, and breaking down the strongholds of junk foods, sweets, and laziness. Will post more tomorrow, God willing!

3 comments:

  1. Don't forget about cheese sticks - they are great. Also, don't forget that regular food can be a snack too. I know it is a mindset change, but anything can be a snack. This part eases up after you move into phase two. If it were me, I wouldn't add in two servings of fruit right away. You might do half a serving twice a day at first. You really need to take this gradual. I also wouldn't quit phase two before the first two weeks is up. That is just me though.

    btw, not "whole wheat" but instead "whole grain" - there is a difference. :-)

    Make it a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeha, and the stranglehold that bad food has is often very strong. I still struggle with it (and probably always will!).

    Great job sticking to it so far! I'd encourage you to stick through the first 2 weeks of Phase 1. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Steve's sister, Charla! You sound real determined, I am looking forward to getting to know more about you. :-) Congrats on making the decision, I wish you nothing but success!

    ReplyDelete