Search This Blog

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Another successful day

Day 2 is nearly gone, it has been another successful day. Praise God! I had a ham and cheese omelet for breakfast with tomato slices and coffee with skim milk, which is yuck, so I went and bought some fat-free halfnhalf today. I hope it does the trick! Then I did my Wiifit for 30 mins, and my calves are pretty sore again today. I drank some lemon grass green tea and didn't get hungry for 5 hours! That is a miracle for me! I ate some walnuts on the way home from town because I was getting hungry and knew I had to take time to make a salad.
I had a large salad for lunch with a small can of salmon and Newman's balsamic vinagraitte dressing. Then I took a nap because I got up too early. For dinner I had a pork chop done on the Forman grill, black-eyed peas and brocolli-cauliflower salad again. Still yummy!
My spirits have been good today, and staying close to the Lord. I read my Bible first before I got on the computer or anything this AM. I read John 1-3 and it was really good. It's amazing what I forget. And sometimes I just see things in a different way, thanks Holy Spirit, for that. I hope that I can stay on the right track with my health/fitness goals and with my Spiritual life. I noticed some definite temptations to go off onto pleasant lanes from the past today, but I resisted. I need to stay in the present looking forward, pressing onward to the prize! Keep my eyes on what's important in life, and God.

10 comments:

  1. It feels good to make it through the second day - that is the point where many people start to get weak. As you say, stay in the present looking forward, pressing onward to the prize!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am following the SBD too thanks to Steve!!!

    In the first two weeks I lost nine pounds. I am currently into week four and am still on Phase I, but will be starting Phase II soon.

    I found that when I stopped eating grains I felt like superwoman, my joints no longer hurt to touch, I used to have debilitating menstrual cramps (google wheat and cramps) and just feel great.

    I know I have to incorporate the fruit and other grains soon and I will.

    Good luck to you! I also have my menus for the first two weeks on my blog, check them out for ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Charla,you are so well focused on God and that is the only answer we all need.Sounds like you are off to a great start and you will do great.God Bless you and keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I am not on south beach diet but I am on a grain-free diet as that works best for me. Your brother's blog is helpful to so many people -- he really is a blessing to the weight loss blogging community.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You go, girl! And welcome to a great community in which you can't help but be INSPIRED, Charla!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found out Steve is your brother...very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found your website through Steve - welcome to the blogging world and best of luck! The first few days/weeks are the hardest, so congrats on finishing day 2!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I completely agree that a strong relationship with God is essential to sustained healthy living. If we have our satisfaction in the Lord, we don't need to look for it in a drive-thru window, or a bag of chips, or [insert your favorite food addiction].

    Oh, and yeah, I love Newman's Lighten-Up Balsamic! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish the SBD was more veggie-friendly - some of the recipes sound as though they could be absolutely delicious, but I'm a HOPELESS cook and wouldn't know where to begin converting them (especially as some of the ingredients aren't readily available in the UK...) I feel left out! lol

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are such a cutie pie! I love how faithful you are and I am excited to follow your journey.
    Keep it up you have the best coach ever right at your fingertips!!

    ReplyDelete