Search This Blog

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Last day of the month (almost)!

Praise God! I have made it through 4 weeks now without eating sugar, except from fruits! I still feel really good and am starting to get into a daily and weekly routine. On Saturdays, I make a fresh salad for the week, and whatever I need to start the work week. I have hardly any time to get my lunch together when I work 12 hour nights. I try to get my 8 hours of sleep, and I usually do. I have not had cravings today, even though we got 8 inches of snow last night which usually makes one yearn for comfort foods. Eating a big summer salad with chicken wasn't exactly wintery. I will have chili for supper again. It's a good thing I don't mind eating the same thing several days in a row.
This morning, my husband suggested I look into a diet EODD. Every other day diet. You diet one day, eat normal foods the next day. I DON'T think that would work for me with my sugar addiction. I am so relieved to not be a slave to food anymore, one day at a time! It feels good to be in control of what I choose to eat and don't eat. I told my husband that this really is the perfect diet, because it is the healthiest I have ever eaten in my life! I'm not really tempted to overeat either. I try to only eat when I get hungry and stop when I'm full, which is a diet strategy in itself. He asked me if I was never going to eat pizza, cake or pie again. Unless, I can find a recipe that I can work into my diet, I don't plan to until I reach my weight goal. Then, maybe I can plan on treats for special occasions, knowing that I would be treading on risky ground to start up addictive behaviors again.
So, I don't have to worry about that now. I am just thinking about how good I will look , feel, and how many more of my clothes I will be able to wear again one day soon! I am so sick of wearing the same old worn out things, and the few new things I got for Christmas which consists of T-shirts and hoodie jackets, since I am in a "workout" lifestyle! It will be nice to wear shirts that don't look like I shopped at Baby Gap this summer!

3 comments:

  1. Chili is a great wintertime food, although I really have problems eating weight-loss portions of it. :-)

    I don't like the every-other-day or one-day-off diet plans. To me, they aren't getting at the real problem, which is our addictions to food. Can you imagine if an alcoholic did an every-other-day recovery program? Personally, I think there will come a point where I can have a slice of pizza if I choose to do so. I don't think I will choose to do so, but I think I would be able to. I don't want to though. I don't want to pollute my body any more. I have already abused it for way too long. I will be lucky if I can ever get it back in the shape it should be for someone my age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad things are still going so well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news here ...
    You are inspirational
    http://bob-west.blogspot.com/2010/02/its-results-that-count.html

    ReplyDelete