Search This Blog

Thursday, January 7, 2010

I made it through the 1st week!

Hi everyone! I finally made it through the 1st week of phase 1 SBD. About every other day, I have been having periods of HUNGRY! and today is one of them! I have decided to start incorporating fruits and sweet potatoes into my diet tomorrow to start week 2 of phase 1. I just can't take another week of limited snack options. I'm sure that if I studied it out long enough, I would find more sufficient snacks. I bought some pretty red/green (one the same apple!) apples, green pears, grapefruit and sweet potatoes today. I will add them in gradually, still sticking with phase 1 as much as possible. Next week, I will start adding in the whole grain products and sugar-free treats. I wanted to get sweets out of my system for awhile.
My downfall so far is exercise. I have some obstacles that I need to work through. 1) Troy was with me all day and he dominates the TV where I do Wii fit. 2)I worked 4 night shifts this week which really only leaves me 2 days to exercise. 3) I am too tired to exercise during the work week, usually. So, I may have to double up the next 2 days by going to Curves and doing Wii fit. I got a cool Just Dance Wii game the other day, I will enjoy doing that for exercise too.
I must say that I am pleased that I am more motivated to change my eating habits for good. I realized that growing up in the South, and in this generation, I really don't know how to cook or eat properly to be thin. Many people around here are heavy, and that's one reason that I haven't minded being too heavy. It's really the norm to be chubby at my age here. When I lived in Colorado for 9 years, it was much easier to stay thin because most women I saw were thin and fit. At work I was one of the thinner nurses, so no one ever thought I needed to lose weight. After this past year-end, I realize that to eat the healthiest diet and exercise, especially at my age, is not only for vanity-sake, but for LIFE! To be sowing life into my body instead of death through non-nutritious, junk foods and sugar! I thank God for waking me up! The key to any successful endeavor, is having the revelation of TRUTH behind it, and the motivation and persistence to get it! My motto for this year is:

I am pressing onward for the {my} high calling that God has called me to do in year 2010 for His Kingdom.

That includes being healthy, strong, and have the energy to keep pressing onward! God Bless!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE my Wii for exercising. I don't use the Wii Fit so much any more as I prefer the EA Sports Active games instead (find them a better workout). Hope you get to use your Wii again very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go. The 1st week is always the hardest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work finishing week one. I can't urge you enough to add the new stuff back in SLOWLY!

    Keep at it, it works!

    ReplyDelete