Search This Blog

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Still going strong!

Hello again! It's been almost a week since my last post. I will probably only be posting Thurs. through Saturdays due to my work week, I work at night. My big news is that after 3 weeks, I have finally lost 5 lbs! That is half a dress size for me since I'm so short! However, I don't trust the unreliable scale because it has disappointed me too many times. Over time I will be able to tell, I can't weigh daily or even rely on it weekly to be consistent.
I'm finally integrating grains in and getting better recipes that are satisfying. I made a cool new dish yesterday using whole-wheat rotini noodles, olive oil, parmesan cheese (the good kind), diced tomatoes with green pepper and onions (Del Monte, I think), turkey polish sausage, italian seasoning, steamed mushrooms and sprinkled with red pepper flakes. It was delicious! Lately, recipes have just been coming to me (I give the credit to God!), and I have made some cool things from what I have in the pantry. I do alot of fresh, frozen and canned foods, alot of microwaving. Some on the foreman grill. I need to find a good sauce for a mixed vegetable saute without sugar. Like a stir fry sauce. I bought a big bag of presliced frozen vegetables today, and I have been enjoying the steamer bags that my brother recommended. I know that I am eating totally healthy now, so I have no excuse to go back to my old ways. As long as I can get enough variety I should be ok. I ate some Dannon Lite and Fit yogurt with strawberries today for the 1st time. It wasn't filling for a long time, but held me over ok for a snack. I bought some All Bran cereal today, I had been eating Total. I like to be able to have cereal, I don't have a problem wanting to overeat it like Steve said he does. As long as I can eat no more than 3 fruits and 3 starches in addition to Phase 1 foods per day, I will be pleased. I try to eat only when I'm truly hungry and stop when I'm full. That way, even if I push the limit, I know it's because I'm truly hungry.
I worked out with my Just Dance for Wii for 30" today and it was fun!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the great loss for the week! That is fantastic.

    Have you thought of trying Uncle Sam Cereal? It is one of the better ones if you ask me, but it looks generic and is somewhat hard to find. For some reason it is on the opposite side of the isle from the normal cereals.

    ReplyDelete