Search This Blog

Friday, January 8, 2010

The start of a new week

Oh, what a good day for eating this has been! Just after midnight, I was starving, and couldn't stand the thought of another egg or piece of celery, and I wouldn't be able to go to sleep with an empty stomach. So, I went ahead and ate a small apple and a cheese stick. Like my brother said about his 1st apple after phase 1 was over, it was awesome!! The grapefruit half I had this morning was equally as delicious!
I had a wonderful salad for lunch, and I'm not a huge salad eater. If I can get some special items on a salad, it is alot better. I put a can of tuna, almonds, a few jalepenos, olives and my new red wine vinegar dressing. Oh, and my favorite fresh parmesan cheese, that really makes it like restaurant salad. I am finding out that I am just gonna have to search and find many recipes that are good for me to make a whole new eating style for me. Like I grew up eating meals my mom cooked, so that's basically what I cooked when I grew up. It's mostly fattening, comfort foods. Now, I have to break out of the mold and make my own way. But I have to build up my own repertoire of meals. And they can't be too boring or monotonous. Yet, not too frivolous. I like meals in 30 mins or less, unless I use a crock pot.
I finally tried the steamer bag that Steve gave me for broccoli tonight. Much quicker than a traditional steamer, and made it firm and not soggy like stir frying can. I really had a delicious dinner. Lean hamburger steak with some Lipton beefy onion soup mix mixed in, a SWEET POTATO (finally!) with butter and pumpkin pie spice, sauteed mushrooms, and the broccoli with a little butter. I was quite full but not overdone. About half an hour later, I finally managed to get my exercise in. I tried my Just Dance game for the wii for the 1st time, and it was a GREAT workout! Especially since there was enough game left to go on alot longer. Today was a success, Praise God!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you liked the steamer bag - I absolutely love them! And the first bite of an apple after phase one is absolute heaven!

    ReplyDelete