Search This Blog

Friday, January 1, 2010

I made it!

This sounds funny, but I faced my fears of giving up unrestricted eating and laziness, and made an awesome start on my goals for a healthier lifestyle today. I must admit that looking forward to writing this blog motivates me to do well, even if no one ever reads this but me. I look forward to reporting my progress and feeling a sense of achievement.
For New Year's Day lunch we ate with my in-laws at their house. I had SBD polish-style sausage, cabbage, black-eyed peas, broccoli-cauliflower salad and green beans. It was the most delicious meal I remember in awhile! A meal is so much more enjoyable when you're really hungry, and not gorged out on sweets all the time!
I did Wii fit for 30 mins., part of that was running >1 mile in 10 mins., and other aerobic activity. I went to Curves late spring through part of Nov. this year, but for some reason, I had become SO lazy that I feared I wouldn't be able to make myself exercise again. That's why I always say, 90% of weight loss is mental. If you aren't motivated to lose weight, eat right and exercise, you might as well forget it. I just was not motivated to change my eating last year after the awful ice storm we had in western KY.
The other things I did today was measure myself and take BEFORE pictures (scary!!). Now I'm REALLY motivated! I will post them eventually. Let me assure you, they don't look anything like my profile pic! I'm going to start a food diary in a little notebook tonight to keep up with my progress. I also read the book of Philemon for my Bible challenge. I know that my reading goals don't seem to go along with my health goals, but God's word is life and health. We have to be spiritually nourished before we can do anything of lasting value. I know that I can't do this without God's power and grace. But I CAN do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me! Philippians 4:13.

2 comments:

  1. I probably wrote for five months or so before I ever had more than two readers, yet I was motivated because of the blog. It sounds crazy, but that is how it was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that my blog sure keeps me motivated, and comments and readers sure help that, too. Just knowing that I'll have to be truthful on the blog keeps pushing me to "do right" by my miniscule readership.

    ReplyDelete