Search This Blog

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Great Day!

I have had a wonderful time the past 3 days. It has been like an extended Christmas break with my kids out for snow days, i.e., staying up late, playing Facebook together, playing the Wii and sleeping late (the best!) I'm also grateful that my eating has been going well. I haven't had structured exercise time, but I've been waiting too late in the day. I do better and feel more accomplishment if I do it before late afternoon. I've been playing our new Wii game Just Dance the past 2 days and think it's gonna be a great fat-burning tool because it is really fun and I love to dance. I have 4 days off next week, so maybe I can get my workout routine going on.
Had some good meals today. Breakfast was 2 poached eggs, 3 pieces microwave bacon, and 1/2 grapefruit. Lunch was a large salad with grilled chicken. Supper: I tried a recipe from my Fat Belly Diet book called Steamed Salmon and Snow peas. I actually sauteed the salmon in the marinade in a skillet then steamed the snow peas and stirred them in the mix when the salmon was about done. So it was all salmon steak and snow peas. For snack I had a small apple and will probably have a string cheese before bed.
I took my brother's advice and made spicy roasted chickpeas. I burned the heck out of some yesterday, so I tried it again today. They may be a little on the underdone side, but they are good, and not burnt! I don't want to get in the habit of snacking or grazing though. I'm doing good between meals, even with this snow weather.

4 comments:

  1. Spicy roasted chickpeas sounds lovely... I will have to find out the recipe for those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to work at making those chickpeas until you get it just right. The crunchy, yet not burned, chickpeas are the bomb! Good job on the program today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, at least you got some exercise and movement in! Great work so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for you! We've been getting into our Wii too. Don't have the dance game, but it sounds like a great workout. I'm glad you had such a great day!

    ReplyDelete