Search This Blog

Friday, January 15, 2010

A hard day for me

I have to say, I started this day very discouraged. I have made it two weeks on the SBD and hoped to moved on to Phase 2 full scale. However, its the SCALE that's the problem. I am really not a fan of weighing myself. The first few days I lost 4 lbs. which is unusual for me. The next week I was UP 1 pound. Now a week later I am the same as a week ago, even after doing well on my diet and fair on exercise. I started going to Curves yesterday, and went today. I really don't get it.
Now tonight, I have for the 1st time this year, had the worst cravings for something sweet. I even had a mood meltdown earlier when I had to get my stupid dog untangled from a bush in the dark and the cold. I'm afraid to go on to full phase 2 now. I may do it anyway since I think the cravings are due to being so restricted.
I had a really good motivational message semi-prepared for tonight, talking about how the enemy will not steal my victory over this. I guess I've still got that message in me somewhere, but I have moved from discouraged to angry. I'm not giving up, because like the disciples said about Jesus, "where else would we go? for you have the words of life". I have exhausted all other means of controlling my weight and they don't work. I'm a carbs/sweets addict. I am too big to be comfortable and quit. And I certainly can't get any bigger. It's too unhealthy and its ugly! I just need some faith and patience. Unfortunately in a way, I have 2 deadlines that are looming ahead of me. My band reunion in April, and my 25th class reunion in June. So I feel some pressure for this to be working! So, this post didn't turn out as I had hoped, but at least I got my frustrations out.

4 comments:

  1. It's good to have a place to release those frustrations and who better to release them on than those of us who have similar struggles. Last week was hard for me because I worked out harder last week than I ever had in my life and yet I still gained 2 pounds. I'll tell you what people told me and that is that sometimes it takes a week or so for it to all take effect. You mentioned patience, I'm not good with that either, but just hang in there and hopefully next week the scale will reflect all the hard work you've been putting in. You can do this, you mustn't give up. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try not to be too disheartened... There are so many reasons why the scales dial isn't moving (or even moving in the wrong direction) and you will more than likely see a good loss in the next week or two to compensate. It's such a shame that the scales, and what they tell us, influence our moods so much... :o(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your day got better yesterday. Did you get my email? Sorry we didn't get to talk last night. I sent an IM when I got home, but I am supposing you had gotten tied up with something by then.

    Just remember, if you keep doing the right things, the weight will come off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup. consistency is key. I know you can get through this, but staying on track will help. Eventually. It's hard to remain patient, but I'd encourage you to do so. And I'll be praying for your success and peace.

    ReplyDelete